The Nurture Group Network has a history of providing first-rate training around nurturing. Our most popular course, "the theory and practice of nurture groups", offers an excellent introduction to the world of nurturing, and explains the psychology behind nurturing as well as offering practical advice for how it works in practice. All course materials are provided, as well as an experienced tutor and the marking of any assignments with one of our partner universities.
If you'd be interested in taking the 3 day course and we aren't currently running one in your area, we're happy to run additional courses (subject to a minimum number of participants). Please contact Judith Bitcon on 01942 316 085 or email@example.com if you'd like us to contact you when next we run a course in your area.
We also offer a range of one day courses on specific elements of nurturing, including courses to do with attachment, the most beneficial way to have a nurturing playtime, and how nurture groups work with older age groups.
We also provide a bespoke service, tailoring our courses to your needs. Examples of bespoke one day training course we have run in the past include:
- Awareness Raising
- Evidence on the effectiveness of nurture groups
- Use of the Boxall Profile / BPYP to improve outcomes for children / young people
- Preparing your establishment for the QMA
- A follow up day for original 3 day course participants, to enable reflection and improving practice
- Nurture in early years provision / secondary schools /Youth Offending Teams etc.
- From nurture group to nurturing school
- Attachment theory and neuroscience
- How to support your nurture group parents effectively
- Practical resources and strategies for use in a nurture group
To discuss a bespoke NGN course, contact Helen Stollery on firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note - we are unable to accept online payment by credit or debit card. We welcome payment by invoice, BACS or cheque.